Sunday, 9 November 2008

He Will Disappoint

Have still not got over the jubilation on the BBC over Obama victory. We are entering an new Golden Age.

I wouldn't mind if the BBC just declared they love Obama and be done with it, as opposed to trying to convince everyone they are impartial. Leading with Obama news, refusing to report on his dodgy connections with terrorist and preachers and attacking Clinton and McCain.

The only thing that makes this bearable is the knowledge that he will disappoint. He is an American President he must act in America's interest, he will disappoint his legions of European fans when he does. I am not happy about this, hope destroyed leads to cynicism and disengagement.

I hope he doesn't, but I am ready for when he does, I hope his fans are as well.

No comments: