Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Dear God

Watching the market I am glad I entered the job this year and did not defer. The story of the new starter fired on his first day at Lehman Brothers, the job losses at the banks. All this uncertainty if feeding into the "real economy" I wouldn't be surprised if the professional services firms cut their new jobs.

This would mean those who leave uni this year will have 3 years of £3k tuition and a very difficult job market to enter. Enough of the bad news however, if I could afford to I have certain areas I would buy shares in now.

Renewable energy - massive gains in the next 10 to 20 years. I would research the technical specs of the company first though!

Banks - all under valued, but expect big losses on them before they improve.

Oil companies - I reckon oil will peak at about $175-225 sometime next in about February and March, but they are all good longterm bets.

Good Luck to everyone looking for a job, we are in for a rough 2 years.

No comments: